Following the success of courses held in Houston, Austin, and Düsseldorf, Valve World will again be holding the Valve World Essentials course, now to take place in Tiel (The Netherlands), Bergamo (Italy), Bilbao (Spain), Houston (USA), Suzhou (China), Rio de Janeiro (Brazil), Chicago (USA) and Las Vegas (USA).
About the course:
The Valve World Essentials course is ideal for (relative) valve newcomers who need a fast-track, authoritative understanding of valves and their usage. For absolute beginners, the “Headstart” section of our website will ensure you arrive at the course ready to hit the ground running.
Valve Essentials Courses:
Wednesday 13th September
Tuesday 19th September
Thursday 28th September
Monday 27th November
- Basic introduction to flow control
- Quarter-turn valves: ball, plug and butterfly valves
- Multi-turn valves: gate, globe, needle, pinch and diaphragm valve
- Self-acting valves: check valves
- Common design features: more details on end connections, gaskets, bonnets, stems, stem seals, seats, backseats, trims, etc
- Valve applications: overview of valves in key areas such as oil & gas production and transportation, refining, LNG, power generation, chemical processing and utility lines
- Valve topics: ratings, materials, testing, standards, actuation and many more
- Problems, installation and maintenance
- Full day’s tuition
- Lunch, snacks and drink
- Certificate of completion
- Valve Essentials Workbook with slides and notes from the course
- Access to 100+ technical articles online for further reading
- Printed copy of Valve World magazine
- Digital subscription to Valve World magazine for 1 year
Who should attend:
- Professionals looking for a generalized outline of valves and valve applications
- People looking to refresh and update their valve knowledge base
- Valve distributors and manufacturers’ sales representatives looking to expand their understanding of the products
- Newcomers in the valve industry with no a technical or engineering background
For questions about courses in the Netherlands, Italy and Spain, please contact Mehmet Erel at email@example.com, tel: 0031 575 585 270.
For questions about courses in Brazil and USA, please contact Lindsay Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: 001 416 361 7030.
For questions about courses in China, please contact Michael Hong at email@example.com, tel: 0086 21 6351 9609 ext 611.